With the West Highland Way running just behind the hotel, the high concentration of challenging mountains that surround us and the large number of rivers and lochs that abound near to Crianlarich, it is no surprise that many organised annual outdoor events take place in the area - a few are listed below. We also have around one LEJOG (Lands End to John O'Groats) team in the hotel per week!
- Caledonian Challenge: Annual 52 mile non-stop walk along the West Highland Way from Fort William to Crianlarich. In 2010 the hotel entered its own team! June each year.
- Great Kindrochit Quadrathlon: Annual endurance event centred on Loch Tay. Swim 1.5kms across Loch Tay; Run or walk over 7 munros (24kms); Kayak 11kms on Loch Tay; Cycle clockwise around Loch Tay for 54kms. July each year.
- Water Aid Munro Challenge: The Munro Challenge aims to put a team on the top of each of Scotland's munros and mountains over 3,000 feet in England, Wales and Ireland between 12 noon and 2pm on a given Saturday in June each year.
- The Highland Fling: A 53 mile race along the Southern part of the West Highland Way from Milngavie to Tyndrum within a set time limit. April each year.
- The Macmillan Cancer Support Etape Caledonia: The Etape Caledonia is an 81 mile cycle challenge taking place on traffic-free roads in the stunning scenery of Highland Perthshire. May each year.
If your event is not mentioned but you would like it to be added to our list please do let us know.